Thank you to everyone who attended CUSEC and made it such a great show. We just wanted to share the details on how to enter the CUSEC draw for a Microsoft Surface.
To be eligible for the draw you must publish one or more apps to the Windows 8 store. The app must be in the store by midnight on Saturday February 23rd, 2013 Eastern Time. Every app you publish to the store is one entry in the draw.
You must email CUSEC at firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight Thursday February 28th, 2013 Eastern Time with your name, phone number, shipping address, and the URL of your app in the Windows store to enter the draw.
Microsoft has shared a few tips and resources to help you
- Feel free to use the template from the CUSEC hackathon or the
- Create your store account now. There is a credit card validation required that can take a couple of days, don’t let that delay cause you to miss the deadline.
- How to publish your app, Tip – it can take one day or a full week for an app to be published after you submit, so don’t wait until the last minute.
- Whether you win the draw or not, you can still get rewards for publishing your app through the Developer Movement.
- If you get stuck and need help, or just want to stay in touch with the Microsoft team, you can find them on Facebook at Microsoft Canada Students.
See you next year at CUSEC 2014!